- Stone skipping physics could help spacecraft land safely on water by Matthew Sparkes for New Scientist.
|Despite the paper's promising conclusions for other craft, spacecraft landing on water would have to be spinning fast enough that humans inside would experience dangerous G-forces.|
Image Credit: Laughlin Elkind via Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
- How to make sense of recent CERN finding that challenges the Standard Model of particle physics by Adam Fortais for Massive Science.
- An array of bacteria and fungi help leafcutter ants break down toxic leaves by Sophia Friesen for Massive Science.
- Foam rolling can help athletes hurdle the post-halftime slump by Margaux Lopez for Massive Science.
- Great malaria vaccine news by Derek Lowe at Science Translational Medicine
- Particle physics discoveries that disappeared by Sabine Hossenfelder at Backreaction.
- Save the microbes! by Muhammad Saleem for Knowable magazine.
- My top tips for revising for exams by Ruby Tomlinson for Durham University Student blogs.
- Bubbles with titanium trigger titanic explosions by Chandra X-ray Observatory.
- Perseverance extracts pure oxygen from carbon dioxide-rich Martian air by Sci-News.com.
- Clear link emerges between COVID-19 and pregnancy complications by Jocelyn Kaiser for Science magazine.
- LSD: An uncommon treatment for a common problem by psychneuro for On Psychology and Neuroscience.
- Imaging the living brain in action by Steven Novella for Neurologica.
Check back next week for more great picks!