Junk food: Do we like it, or 'need' it
without even really liking it?
- How I discovered new worlds (and how you can, too) by Arvin Joseff Tan at FlipScience
- How your smartphone is eliminating the checkout line by Greg A. Fish at World of Weird Things
- Podcast of the week: "The Good Bad Food" by Adam Rutherford and Hannah Fry at BBC Radio 4
- How a second language can boost the brain by Ramin Skibba at Knowable Magazine
- Humans and Neanderthals were frequent lovers, genetics reveals by Dyani Lewis at Cosmos Magazine
- How the brain’s face code might unlock the mysteries of perception by Alison Abbott at Nature
- How A Later School Start Time Pays Off For Teens by Patti Neighmond at KQED/Mindshift
- History of the Conservation of Energy: Booms, Blood, and Beer (Part 1) by Greg J. Gbur at Skulls in the Stars
- Does snail slime in skincare really work?? by Trina Espinoza at Ms. Beautyphile
Snail slime - there's chemistry in this weird cosmetic fad,
but that doesn't make it scientific.
- You Can't Save a Species If It Doesn't Have a Name by John R. Platt at Extinction Countdown
- COP24: Nations complicit in ignoring bioenergy climate bomb, experts say by Justin Catanoso at Mongabay
- Dutch banks’ customers ‘unknowingly’ profit from palm oil companies by Thessa Lageman at Mongabay.com
- Organic food worse for the climate at mynewsdesk
- Can Hypothermia Save Gunshot Victims? by Nicola Twilley at The New Yorker
- Gender Imbalance in Cancer Research Grants by Suze Kundu at Digital Science
Check back next week for more great picks!