|You can dissolve gold with aqua regia. |
Image credit: Shor International.
- The science of holiday weight gain (and tips to prevent it) by Mikael Angelo Francisco at Flip Science
- A new review looks into the optimum exercise intensity, type and duration for boosting mood By Christian Jarrett at British Psychological Society Research Digest
- Not Your Mom’s Genes: Mitochondrial DNA Can Come from Dad by Katherine J. Wu at PBS Nova
- Are You Genetically Closer to Your Parents or Siblings? by Chelsea Weidman Burke at Chemically Inquisitive
- Podcast of the week: Chemistry in its element: Aqua Regia by Tabitha Watson at Chemistry World
- Can We Grow More Food on Less Land? We’ll Have To, a New Study Finds by Brad Plumer at New York Times
- A Robot in Human Skin by Shuin Park at Signal to Noise Magazine
- Physicists Detect Four New Gravitational Waves at Sci-News.com
- Three Ways Quantum Physics Affects Your Daily Life by Chad Orzel at Forbes
- Tumor detection during breast cancer surgery by Jens Wilkinson at It Ain't Magic
- Autistic children may mute perspective to grasp others' by Bahar Gholipour at Spectrum
- Compulsive YouTube Use by Jane Klobas, Tanya McGill, Sedigheh Moghavvemi and Tanuosha Paramanathan at Science Trends
- How Does Social Enrichment Produce Health Benefits? by Takefumi Kikusui at Reliawire.
- Geologists are measuring bullet damage to ancient Middle Eastern settlements by Sarah Wild at Nature
- Wild meat for today and tomorrow by Gloria Pallares at Forests News
- The Riddle of the Roaming Plastics by Matthew Halliday at Hakai Magazine
- Tiny bits of ocean plastic threaten the survival of sea turtle hatchlings by Katie Brown at Mongabay
- Why we should care about the language we use in science by Brigitte Nerlich and Carmen McLeod at Making Science Public
Check back next week for more great picks!