- Why do people like to be scared? by Romeo Vitelli for Psychology Today.
|Being scared in a safe environment may help prepare our brain for real danger.|
Credit: Sebastien Wiertz via Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
- The skin is connected to the…gut: How tissue crosstalk may orchestrate oral anaphylaxis by Christopher Horton for ImmunoBites.
- It’s time to recycle… your cells. Daily fasting activates autophagy by Paige Jarreau for Life Apps.
- The cleaning revolution: How does this new wave of ultra-cleanliness affect our health? by Emily May Armstrong for The GIST.
- The Copper Touch by Seth Frand at SustainableNano.
- You're eating, drinking, and breathing microplastics. Now what? by Anna Robuck for Massive Science.
- Antibiotic resistance is a SciComm crisis by Dan Evans for Seeking Science.
- The 2019 worldwide fitness trends by Brock Armstrong at Quick and Dirty Tips.
- Why climate change could be our greatest public health threat and our greatest opportunity by Mass General Research Blog.
- Climate Change and Inequality: The Missing Link by Nick Iraola for Envirobites.
- Arctic sea ice extent just hit a record low for early June; worse may come by Gloria Dickie for Mongabay.
- California seamounts are Sylvia Earle’s newest “Hope Spots” by Matt Koller for Hakai magazine.
- Hubble spots sodium chloride on Jupiter’s moon Europa by Sci-News.
- Toxic “Habitable” worlds could be havens for alien microbes by Ian O'Neill at Astroengine.
- Synopsis: Making the perfect crêpe by Katherine Wright for APS Physics.
- We drink basically the same wine varietals as ancient Romans, and that's not so great by Susie Neilson for NPR Science.
- Egg temperatures govern the way chicks walk by Andrew Masterson for Cosmos magazine.
- Dragon quest: Australia kicks off search for possibly extinct lizard by John R. Platt for The Revelator.