- Some people with anxiety may actively resist relaxation in favor of worrying, according to new research by Science Beta.
|When you're worried, taking action may make you feel like you'll be less worried in future, which can lead to those who need rest most avoiding it.|
Credit: jeet_sen via Flickr (CC BY-ND 2.0)
- Let’s talk about climate grief and anxiety by Juanita Constible for NRDC.
- Is mourning rewarding? (revisited) by The Neurocritic.
- When people close to us behave immorally, we are inclined to protect them — even if their crimes are particularly heinous by Matt Warren for BPS Research Digest.
- “Concerns have been expressed about the potential negative impact of Brexit on the mental health of Black and Minority Ethnic people.” by Paul Biegler for Cosmos magazine.
- Starting a PhD… at 58 years old? by Dr Catherine Racine at The Thesis Whisperer.
- 3 ways to shape math into a positive experience by Kara Newhouse for KQED News.
- What will win the 2019 Nobel Prize in Physics? by Chad Orzel at Forbes.
- Six reasons why you should give parasites a break by My Science Game.
- Rare zebra foal with polka dots spotted in Kenya by GrrlScientist.
- How are amber teething necklaces supposed to work? by Kat Day at The Chronicle Flask.
- How mothers help build the immune systems of their children during pregnancy by Mass General Research Institute.
- Female orgasm may have evolved from a trigger for ovulation by Clare Wilson for New Scientist.
- Double protostar caught in process of forming by Sci-News.com.
- Has Google actually achieved ‘Quantum Supremacy’ with its new Quantum Computer? by Ethan Siegel at Starts With A Bang.
Check back next week for more great picks!