- Up to 630 million people could be threatened by rising seas by Adam Vaughan for New Scientist.
If climate change continues unabated, we will see a huge rise in the number of climate change refugees.
Credit: F Delventhal via Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
- Human disturbance is drying out forests by Rebecca Dzombak at Massive Science.
- Shot through the Head, and You’re to Blame by Jasspreet Sahib at Hakai magazine.
- Explorers Who Are Turning Bat Perceptions Upside Down by National Geographic.
- Greta Thunberg, Chastising Leaders, Turns Down Major Environmental Award and $52,000 by Merrit Kennedy for KQED.
- Is conservation too focused on rarity? by Brandon Keim for Anthropocene magazine.
- What is “dark diversity” and how can we use it to guide conservation and restoration? by Aleksandra Dolezal for Envirobites.
- Refilling bottles: why it may not be as simple as you thought by Kat Day at The Chronicle Flask.
- Here’s what happens when you leave marijuana up your nose for 18 years by Beth Mole for Ars Technica.
- Reimagining research culture by Elizabeth Adams and Tanita Casci at F1000 blogs.
- PhD Bamboo by Fiona Robards for The Thesis Whisperer.
- Was the Havana Syndrome just an old cold lingering? by Nick Carne for Cosmos magazine.
- How measles infections can wipe away immunity to other diseases by Helen Branswell for STATnews.
- Too sweet to dream - on sugar, diabetes and sleep by Joanna Filipowska for Life Apps.
- Busy Brains build resilience to ageing by Sarah McKay at YourBrainHealth.
- I scream, you scream… by Susan Lubejko at Neuwrite.
- Biomarker for schizophrenia can be detected in human hair by Adam Phillips at It Ain't Magic.
- Greasy Fingerprints Issue Solved with Nanocoating by Tribonet - About Tribology
- Ask Ethan: How Many Generations Of Stars Formed Before Our Sun? by Ethan Siegel at Starts with a Bang.
- Can You Overdose on Happiness? by Lone Frank for Nautilus magazine.
- Supernovae and chemical explosions have a lot in common, video reveals by Edd Gent for Science magazine.
- Astronomers Find Thousands of Young Globular Clusters around Perseus Cluster’s Central Galaxy by Sci-News.com.
Check back next week for more great picks.