- Birds are just a bunch of different dinosaurs we lump together an interview with Jingmai O’Connor by Maddie Bender for Massive Science.
|To some taxonomists, the group 'Birds' is just a convenient grouping of a lot of different types of dinosaurs.|
Credit: Stefan W. via Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
- Podcast: Birds Flutter Their Feathers To Send A Message by Alexa Lim, Valentina Gomez-Bahamón, and Christopher Clark for Science Friday at WNYC Studios.
- Could "Fools' Gold" have helped assemble the building blocks of life? by Marcos Jusino-Maldonado for Sciworthy.
- The accidental tree killers by Stephanie Pain for Knowable magazine.
- 2020 Road from Paris: Climate ambition is not canceled by Anjali Jaiswal, Madhura Joshi and Marie McNamara for NRDC.
- Decades-old theory on how ears work is wrong by Josseline Ramos-Figueroa for Massive Science.
- Why is it so hard to study Covid-related smell loss? by Sara Harrison for WIRED.
- The Universe Knows Right from Wrong by Philip Goff for Nautilus magazine.
- What research in Antarctica tells us about the science of isolation by Michael Tabb for Scientific American.
- Something to sneeze at: Hunger-induced sneezing? by Susan Lubejko for NeuWrite San Diego.
- So that’s what the claustrum does! by Joel Frohlich for Knowing Neurons.
- New research uncovers neural and genetic connections to romantic love in newlyweds by Eric W. Dolan for PsyPost.
- Podcast: Orgasms: Come for the Science by Wendy Zukerman and Gimlet at Science Vs.
- Is artificial intelligence worsening COVID-19's toll on Black Americans? by Rod McCullom for Massive Science.
- Can fitness bands predict COVID-19 infection before you show symptoms? Probably not by Matthew Bomkamp for Massive Science.
- How the PCR test works and why it’s such a critical weapon against Covid-19 by Siouxsie Wiles for Sciblogs.
- Laboratory methods behind the polio vaccine discovery by Gina Misra for Sciworthy.
- Watch white blood cells swim with microscopic ‘paddles’ by Lucy Hicks for Science magazine.
- Covid on the brain by Lauren at A Short Scientist.
- ALMA sees complex stellar winds around Red Giant stars by Sci-News.com.
- The short weird life—and potential afterlife—of quantum radar by Adrian Cho for Science magazine.
- Data Sonification: Sounds from around the Milky Way by Chandra X-ray Observatory.
Check back next week for more great picks!