In the latest edition of the best and brightest from the world of science news, discover the new telescope that could find alien life and what the 'CSI effect' is. ScienceSeeker editors' favourite posts within their respective areas of interest and expertise also cover many other important and exciting topics. Why not have a read, inform yourself, and indulge your scientific curiosity?
- What sound does a fish make? by Sam Schurkamp at Envirobites
- With sea ice melting, glacial ice could be a lifeline for polar bears by Elizabeth Claire Alberts at Mongabay
|A polar bear family group, consisting of an adult female (left) and two cubs,|
crosses glacier ice in Southeast Greenland in September 2016.
Image courtesy of NASA OMG.
- Some Scientists Coined a New Name for Summer: ‘Danger Season’ by Kate Yoder for Wired
- New Study Explores Public Beliefs About the Reliability of Forensic Science by Samantha Springer at the Center for Statistics and Applications in Forensic Evidence
- Podcast: Why You're Smarter Than You Think by Shankar Vedantam at Hidden Brain
- What if This Wasn’t Menopause After All? by Lisa Sanders for The New York Times
- Finding the best chemotherapy drugs for leukemia isn’t easy by Lara Kester at Sciworthy
- Neuroscientists create maps of the brain after traumatic brain injury at ScienceDaily
- The Kavli Prize Presents: Understanding Neurodevelopment and Neurodegeneration at Scientific American
- Rare Mental Conditions You May Not Know About by Allison Futterman at Discover Magazine
- 5 ways the James Webb Space Telescope could change science forever by Ethan Siegel at Starts With A Bang!