In the latest edition of the best and brightest from the world of science news, find out the fascinating history of the microbe that gives us beer and bread, and how scientists are discovering what our genes are doing. ScienceSeeker editors' favourite posts within their respective areas of interest and expertise also cover many other important and exciting topics. Why not have a read, inform yourself, and indulge your scientific curiosity?
- Laser coffee, coming soon to a café near you? by Greg A Fish at World of Weird Things
|A new way of making cold-brew coffee?|
Image credit npj Science of Food
volume 6, Article number: 19 (2022)
- Podcast: Volcano Lizards by Tom Major and Ben Marshall. at Herpetological Highlights
- Revealing the natural history of yeast by Matthew Vandermeulen at The Molecular Ecologist
- Inside Living Cells by Derek Lowe at Science
- What If Cells Kept Receipts of Their Gene Expression? by Maggie Chen for Wired
- How do you manage Omicron BA.5 symptoms, including a sore throat? by Dani Blum for The New York Times
To indulge your curiosity even more, follow us on Facebook or Twitter for honourable mentions of great posts that didn't quite make our #SciSeekPicks list this week. Want #SciSeekPicks to help satisfy your scientific curiosity every week? Sign up here for regular notification emails.