- How colds are unlocking secrets about life on other planets by Justin Dingman for Sciworthy.
Modern day viruses could hold the key to a viroid-first panspermia theory about the origins of life on Earth.
Credit: William Brawley via Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
- Ask Ethan: Did God create the Universe? by Ethan Siegel for Starts with a Bang.
- Are novae producing the Milky Way’s lithium? by Graham Doskoch for Medium.
- How acoustics might help prevent car accidents by Kendra Redmond at Physics Central.
- This was the decade we knew we were right by Kate Marvel for Scientific American.
- How are the Australian bushfires affecting biodiversity? Australia reflections part 4 by Jeff Ollerton.
- The first animal cloned into de-extinction (that promptly went extinct again) by Mikael Angelo Francisco for Flip Science.
- The problem with PFAS: How your biodegradable coffee cup might be wreaking havok in the compost bin by Laine Farber for Envirobites.
- What do birds do in a hurricane? by Jenny Howard for Hakai Magazine.
- Anxiety: Brain evolution changes potentially make us more prone by Science Beta.
- Scientists spot addiction-associated circuit in rats by Simon Makin for Scientific American.
- Oganesson: The periodic table’s final element(?) by Andy Brunning at Compound Interest.
- Doctors find hundreds of tapeworms in Chinese man's head by Romeo Vitelli.
- Health care providers are unrecognized victims of mass killings by Elizabeth Métraux for STAT news.
- How liquid biopsies could help monitor cancer treatment by Alejandra Canales for Oncobites.
- Inside a Game: Using games as a metaphor for deconstructing the oppressive nature of reality by Sindi Breshani for SERRC.
- Chinese scientist who produced genetically altered babies sentenced to 3 years in jail by Dennis Normile for Science.
Check back next week for more great picks!