In this week's best and brightest from the world of science news, find out the latest on the omicron strain of SARS-CoV-2 and what 'zombie garbage' is. ScienceSeeker editors' favourite posts within their respective areas of interest and expertise also cover many other important and exciting topics. Why not have a read, inform yourself, and indulge your scientific curiosity?
- Omicron Update by Derek Lowe at Science
- Can Your Gravitational Pull Affect Your Game of Pool? by Rhett Allain for Wired
- Does Superdeterminism save Quantum Mechanics? Or Does It Kill Free Will and Destroy Science? by Sabine Hossenfelder at Backreaction
- The Future Is Full of Zombie Garbage by Michael Allen for Hakai Magazine
- New Source of Organic Phosphorus Identified, Could Play Vital Role in Phytoplankton and Microalgae Growth by Ron Jefferson for The Science Times
To indulge your curiosity even more, follow us on Facebook or Twitter for honourable mentions of great posts that didn't quite make our #SciSeekPicks list this week. Want #SciSeekPicks to help satisfy your scientific curiosity every week? Sign up here for regular notification emails.